• Pilgrim's Seventh Graders Reveal the Inside Scoop!

Pilgrim Pioneer

Pros of the New Homework System

Theo F., Reporter

There was a new late homework system introduced at the beginning of this year. The system makes sure teachers can’t deduct points from students’ grades for late homework. It was introduced by Director of Student Life, Ms. McLoughlin, and Head of Secondary School, Mr. Grady, to help students avoid stressing about homework.

In an interview, Ms. McLoughlin and Mr. Grady said that when students do not do homework, they don’t learn the material covered, and they still have to learn the information somehow. Or in the words of Ms. McLoughlin, “The consequence of not doing the work is doing the work.”

Catch-Up club is also a part of this new system. It takes place in room C331 and it’s where students go during FLEX time to finish incomplete homework. If someone doesn’t complete homework when they’re supposed to, they do it there while being supervised by an administrator.

This is helpful for students because they can get all their homework done and learn everything they need to.

In the administration’s office they have their master plan laid out for the next several  years. Their main goals for students include them learning how to meet a deadline and to express what they need.  They would also like to reduce cheating.

With this new policy, students can now learn what they need to know rather than stressing about getting homework done on time.