• Pilgrim's Seventh Graders Reveal the Inside Scoop!

Pilgrim Pioneer

Travel to The School for Good and Evil

Carolina C., Reporter

The School for Good and Evil is a four-book series written by Soman Chainani. The story starts in a town called Gavaldon, where every four years two children get kidnapped and nobody ever sees them again. In the story, best friends Sophie and Agatha are about to discover where all the lost children go – to the fabulous School for Good and Evil, where boys and girls are trained to be fairy tale villains and heroes.

Being the prettiest girl in Gavaldon, Sophie has dreamed of being kidnapped into an enchanted world her whole life. With her amazing dresses, glass slippers, and devotion to good deeds, she knows she’ll earn top marks at the School for Good and graduate as a storybook princess. Meanwhile, Agatha, with her shapeless black hair, wicked pet cat, and dislike of nearly everyone seems a natural fit for the School for Evil.

When the two girls get swept into the Endless Woods and brought to the magical school they will learn that appearances don’t count and that they will find their fortunes reversed. Things only get more complicated when the magical pen which writes all the fairytales, the Storian, starts to write their stories even before they graduate from school.  They quickly find out that the only way out of a fairy tale is to live through it until the the very end.