• Pilgrim's Seventh Graders Reveal the Inside Scoop!

Pilgrim Pioneer

Five Easy Ways to Make Money as a Kid

As we all know, everybody wants to make money. If you are a kid it is harder because you aren’t allowed to work. However, there are other ways to make money besides working

The first way is selling old clothes. This one works the best for me because I have a lot of clothes and shoes that I either want to get rid of or that are too small for me. You can put it on places like Ebay and Craigslist, or you could make a social media account for selling clothes.

A second way is opening a food/drink stand. You can make cookies, hot chocolate with marshmallows, lemonade, and other snacks and sell them at a populated place like Larchmont. You can get a lot of money doing this because on a hot and sunny day, who doesn’t want a cold lemonade?  If it’s winter on a cold day, who doesn’t want a hot chocolate with marshmallows?

My third suggestion is to create a YouTube channel. If you have a passion or just want to record videos talking about stuff, this is perfect for you. You can record playing the piano for example, and if people like it they will subscribe and view all your videos. If you are good at something you can record it and get money. You can even just make simple videos that give ideas, like what you are reading right now.

Fourth, you can buy limited edition products such as collector items and resell them for a profit. You can make a lot of money with this because you can get the items cheaply somewhere and sell them at higher prices since they are limited. Also some things tend to get more expensive over time, so if you get something limited and hold on to it, you can sell it for much more in the future.

Last but not least, you can make a game. If you are a type of kid that loves technology and coding this is perfect. You can make an app and contact apple or samsung and make a deal for them to put it on their app store. You can make a lot of money with this because gaming is a huge thing today so if people like your game you can start making it cost money.

If you do any of these things you might get a lot of money. Always try to have fun with what you are doing. And remember to always do what you are doing correctly. For example, you don’t want to make a salty lemonade because people will never want to buy from you again.