• Seventh Graders off to Superb Second Year of Middle School News Site

The student news site of Pilgrim Middle School

Pilgrim Pioneer

A Stronger Flex

We can make Flex Block even better!

Beckett M.

This new schedule change at Pilgrim called Flex Block is great. Everyone is loving the extra hour for anything that needs to get done.  The reason Ms. Coley created Flex Block is to give students a dedicated time for socializing, attending club meetings, or working directly with teachers.  In previous years, Pilgrim students had to squeeze those activities into their lunch time.  Now lunch is only for hanging out with friends and relaxing.  Flex Block fits into our schedule because we got rid of passing periods between each period.    Middle and high school students have Flex Block every day except Tuesdays and Chapel days.

Although Flex is an improvement in our schedule, the administration should consider adding more activities for students to do because Flex Block can sometimes get boring.  Besides ping-pong, there aren’t very many choices for students who want to be active.  Also, the cafeteria should be open for more than just fifteen minutes. People might have an obligation at the beginning of Flex which prevents them from getting food. If the cafeteria stayed open longer, it could make more money.

There should be somewhere else to go to during Flex Block other than just the Middle School Courtyard and the Church forecourt.  We should keep Flex Block next year when we have the Field of Dreams because there will be so much more to do.  We could play soccer, football and almost any other outside sport. It will be a blast, and the students will have grass, so they don’t have to take any chances of getting hurt on concrete.  The students will also have enough space to play two different sports at once, so there will be no arguing about what to play.  Even though Flex Block is a great change to the schedule, Pilgrim needs a way to make it more useful and fun for the students.

1 Comment

One Response to “A Stronger Flex”

1. kathryn atwood on November 22nd, 2015 2:19 pm

I think the idea of having some sort of sports option during flex block is a good one.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

A Stronger Flex