Winter Wonderland at Pilgrim School

Back to Article
Back to Article

Winter Wonderland at Pilgrim School

Arik B., Reporter

The first ever Winter Carnival was held on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 5:30 p.m. in the forecourt on the west side of the school. There were about 50 people there, most of whom were middle schoolers. The carnival was sponsored by Middle School Student Council (MSSC).

Some of the fun activities included a ring toss, bean bag throwing, a tennis ball throwing contest, and a chance to throw pies at teachers. The Middle School Cheer Team also dazzled onlookers with a holiday-themed performance. Each activity cost one ticket, which were purchased for one dollar. The school raised about $300 from the event but unfortunately spent $300 organizing it, so there were no profits.

Middle school math teacher, Mr. Oishi, was assaulted by pies left and right. He liked being hit by the pies, and everyone had a good laugh about it during the event. Jackson G., a 9th grader, even ran up to Mr. Oishi and smacked a pie right into his nose! Everyone had lots of fun at the Winter Carnival. Other teachers being hit by pies included Mr. Cardella, Mrs. Hicks, and Mr. Maynard.

Cecilia M. (7th) and Zoey J. (8th), thought of the brilliant idea to have the first Winter Carnival. Many other people who helped contribute to putting on the event were Charlie B., Garrett I., Bailey H., Tucker K., both Jonathan L.’s, Sebastian C., Sarah K., and many other MSSC and Associated Student Body (ASB) members.