A Blast of Talents in Winter

Back to Article
Back to Article

A Blast of Talents in Winter

Arik B., Reporter

The Winter Concert was held on Wednesday, December 16, 2015, at Pilgrim School during the evening after the Winter Carnival. This is an annual event showcasing Pilgrim School’s talents in the performing arts.

Nearly 200 people attended the event. Many of them were family members and parents who came to witness their children’s talents. Performers included Middle School Band, High School Band, High School Jazz Band, High School Dance, Middle School Dance, and High School Theater Arts. The Sixth Grade Chinese class also humorously presented a song. The concert was holiday-themed, but not all of the selections were related to specific holidays.

The concert was organized by Mr. Turro, Pilgrim School’s band director, who has been organizing the event for eight years. “I thought the Winter Concert went very well, especially since we’ve had so little time to practice our songs.” said Mr. Turro. He was especially impressed by the Middle School Band’s performance.

Though Mr. Turro is the main organizer of the Winter Concert, there were many people who played an important role, such as Ms. Ortega, the Middle and High School dance teacher, Ms. Walker, the Sixth Grade Chinese teacher, and Ms. Miller, the Theater Arts teacher.

“My favorite thing about Mr. Turro is that he chooses good songs to play.” said Sarah K., a seventh grader who participated in the concert. Overall, the Winter Concert was a fun and entertaining event at Pilgrim School.